Email Timeline: How to import Outlook Express DBX files to Windows Live Mail?

Social Icons

Pages

How to import Outlook Express DBX files to Windows Live Mail?

I recently bumped into a whole lot of mess when I had to migrate from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail. Since, I am a research student, my emails has thousands of folders containing vital data and information that can't ever be dreamt of loosing. The years of hard work I had accumulated had to be transferred as it is to the new email platform.

The first thing I tried was Windows Easy Transfer. Following the detailed step by step instructions, I downloaded my folders onto the new laptop I got running Windows 7 using the import function. Once the checked the folders that were imported, I found a huge chunk of data folders missing. Also, the folders were just not the way I had intended them to be.

I figured put it would not be a piece of cake transferring thousands of email folders from Outlook Express DBX files to Windows Live Mail. Moreover I wasn't certain where would I be able to view my EML files once I have converted the DBX files to EML.

Outlook Express stores messages under the location: Tools|Options|Maintenance|Store Folder. To transfer data from DBX to Windows Live Mail another workaround is available. Launch WLM and go to File> Import> Messages> Microsoft Outlook Express 6.

But all this was too tiresome and took me a long time to understand and get it to work. This is when it beamed on me that there must be third party tools available to facilitate migration from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail. Upon further research, I decided to use Stellar DBX to Windows Live Mail Converter


The software had a clean interface and was quite easy to use. The software converted multiple DBX files to EML in one go. The demo version offered a clear preview of the DBX file items that it would convert as EML. After conversion, the files retained their original formatting. This remarkable tool saved a lot of my time and carried out DBX to Windows Live Mail Conversion hassle free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...